Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Stupor of Thought--or What?

I have had ideas that I wanted to post, but somehow I just couldn't sit down and do it. And then I realized that the last time I posted was election day. That was the day I cried when it became certain who our new president was going to be.

I think I got stuck because of my fears. I decided that I must have faith, because perfect faith casteth off all fear. So, since the election I have been praying for myself, that I could accept the new president of our country. I have also been praying for him to accept guidance and direction from the Lord to do what is right for our country.

I have also been dismayed about the backlash from California's Proposition 8. I do not understand how "No on Prop 8'ers" could say we are hateful, meaning those who want to have marriage defined as the union of a husband and a wife, when it is they who are behaving in such a hateful manner. Everything is all backwards.

It is all in the name: marriage. The way I see it, the term "marriage" was copywrited long ago by God. If I created a new drink and wanted to call it "coca cola" I'd be hauled into court straight away. If I created a new shoe and decided to call it "nike" the same thing would happen. So, why can't they who want to live in a different style relationship create their own name? I fully understand their desire to have the rights extended to married couples, but they have been granted these rights in many states. I could see them fight to be granted these rights in all states without usurping the name “marriage” and changing the laws which would have far reaching consequences. Some of these consequences we know, but many that we would come face to face with if we are forced to go down that road.

We who are followers of the Lord and His Son, Jesus Christ; we who read the scriptures and desire to pattern our lives after righteous principles; we who are striving to live the commandments; we must all stand together and be united in the cause of righteousness. If we don't stand together, we will fall separately, one by one. No one wants that to happen, except maybe our enemies.

Gloria

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I agree.

annie said...

I'm glad to read your post, I conquer with your thoughts exactly!

We sure had fun yesterday with you and dad.

Loves,Annemarie

elizabeth embracing life said...

Gloris, this is elizabeth. You sent me an email offering me the book of Mormon. The email would not reply, so I am replying here.

Thanks for your offer, but I am pretty much set with the American Standard Bible. Any deviation of literature clouds the truth which I read from my Bible. I appreciate your prayers very much and am so blessed by God's healing touch in my life.

James 4:10
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He will exalt you.

I have claimed this verse these past weeks as it's been humbling to think or comprehend that I would be touched in a way that has baffled the medical community. I am truly humbled by His mercy and grace for me. Again, thanks for your offer of your book and for your prayers.

Blessings, Elizabeth